— (via lifesjoy)
So I finished the rewatch of season one last night and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a few months before I’ll be able to rock out to CCR in my car again…
I have only seen seasons one and two, and all of seven, and a few episodes from TNT in between…everything else I know can be attributed to tumblr gifs and fanfiction.
Just a few thoughts and observations:
- on multiple episodes, me and/or my roommate (who I watched this season with last spring for the first time) would figure out or remember the monster and say, “Ahh I hate this one.” More often than not, I’m sitting there saying, “This is a scary one…” But halfway through I’d find some reason I really liked the epi, like in “Provenance” and the bug one…
- That reminds me, I don’t have much of a feel for Wincest, but I had forgotten how the sexual orientation comments were so hilarious. “Two queens”-“I’ll bet.”
- Their voices have changed so much
- Sam/Jared has changed so much
- The one thing that always gets me: Dean’s commitment to family and his selflessness when it comes to them.
- Sam’s dimples
- As far as season one is concerned, I’m not sure how I feel about the treatment of women. I can’t really delve too deep into the why, and it’s not like it matters that much as far as most of my brain is concerned…I’m not watching it for its amazing ability to break the chains of gender stereotypes. So while part of me is a little peeved, the other half is screaming, “Hypocrite!” as I absorb all the mangst, bromance goodness, and broad shoulders.
- I’m noticing the music more, not the classic rock songs, but the score. I’m kinda in love with it. The end scene and fade to black music reminds me a bit of Lost
- When “Don’t Fear the Reaper” plays in “Faith”, my best friend laughed so hard. It is pretty hilarious. I knew it was coming, but the first time I saw that epi, I felt like it was the perfect mix of corny, scary, and sheer awesome. I think it’s one of my favorite episodes. The preacher says Dean has a job to do, and that’s why he healed him *ominous*. And I think it’s the first time they talk about “Faith”: “If you’re gonna have faith, you can’t just have it when the miracles happen. You have to have it when they don’t.”
- Favorite episodes: “Pilot”, “Phantom Traveler”, and “Faith”
- One of my favorite Dean moments, and there are a lot of really good ones, is still in the first episode, when he jumps off the bridge running from the Woman in White. He gets out of the river and his face is just covered in mud.
- Favorite Sam moments: When he sees Jess in “Bloody Mary”. When he goes back to kiss Sarah in “Provenance”. And probably ANY interaction he has with John. I love their relationship dynamic.
That’s really all I can think about right now….
onward to season two and the sobs that will come with the first episode!
— from SpoilerTV poll (via -keanureeves-)